This is a down payment assistant program up to 5% of the mortgage loan amount. It’s a forgiving loan after 15 years of living in the loan property.
About NC Home Advantage Program
- Don’t have to be a current resident of North Carolina, as long as you are planning to buy in NC.
- Don’t have to be a first time home buyer, as long as you haven’t own a home in the past 3 years.
- Your annual income can’t exceed $87,000.
Special $15,000 Down Payment Assistant Program.
- This down payment assistant program only in the following counties: Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Cumberland, Guilford, and Johnston Counties. This program is with 30 year fixed FHA, VA, USDA loan.Click Here for NC Bond Program.
- Must be 1st time home buyer or military veteran.
- Credit Score has to be at 640 or above.
- Annual Income can’t exceed guide line limits.
- You must attend & complete the Homebuyer education course.
NC Home Program Advantage Rate(This rate changes daily)
- FHA with 3% Assistance: 4.5%
- FHA with 5% Assistance: 5.5%
- 97% Conventional with 3% Assistance: 4.875%
- $15,000 Down Payment Assistance: 4.75%
NC Bond Programs, NC Housing Finance Agency, FHA.com in NC