TOWN OF WEDDINGTON, NC
Weddington is northwest of Union County, and approximately 15 miles south of Charlotte. This town is the neighbor of Waxhaw, NC, Wesley Chapel, Matthews and Ballantyne area. Weddington was established in 1842 and has flourished into a truly enchanting upscale town. This affluent town with many grandeur estates communities has lots offers to its residents and newcomers from mesmerizing parks, exemplary schools to friendly people.
According to 2015 U.S. Censor, the population in the town of Weddington, NC is 10,531. The real estate in Weddington composed mostly residential and some commercial shopping center in the town center on NC 16 and NC 84. As you drive through some of these unforgettable communities in Weddington, NC, you will be entranced with some of the homes with large lots or acreages, some with beautiful full brick colonial styles, some with hard stucco Mediterranean styles and others with stone Old English home styles. As you drive further into Weddington, you will find unique architectural designs with large acreage where the private planes can fly in and out of the communities or a barn with beautiful horses. Weddington home price ranges from $225K for a mid-size single family home - $1.8M for an estate home.
The Home Price Break down
- Home Price $225K - $500: Water Oak Colony, Cobblestone,Wellington Woods, Brookhaven, Lake Providence, Williamsburg, Lake Forest Preserve & much more.
- Home Price $500 - $1M: Sanctuary At Weddington, Weddington Hills, Weddington Heights, Hadley Park, Weddington Preserve, Bromley, Vintage Creek, Highclere, Highgate, Atherton,
- Home Price $1M - Up: Waybridge, Bromley, Highgate, Atherton, The Meadows at Weddington, Victoria Lake, Stratford On Providence.
DEMOGRAPHIC & HOMES SALE INFORMATIONWeddington Demographic (2015 According to U.S. Census, Areavibes & City Data)
- Median Household Income: $135,611
- Percentage of High school graduate or Higher: 98.5%
- Caucasian: 90.9%
- Asian: 2.5%
- Hispanic: 4%
- African American: 1.7%
- American Indian: .10%
- Other Race: .8%
- Median price Per SQ FT: $151 p/SF
- Median Housing Value: $625,500
- Median Sell Price to List Price: 97.1%
- Months Supply: 8.1 Months (Buyers Market)
- Median Days on Market: 39 Days
THE CRIME RATEArea Vibe Website has rated as an "A+" for the town of Weddington, NC in the overall crime rate. According to this website, the crime rate in Weddington, NC is 65% lower than the region average, 62% lower than the national average & it's safer than 74% of the cities in the U.S.
The town of Weddington, NC has very few shopping, restaurants areas. Weddington Corners Shopping Center is located on Providence Road. This shopping center has a nice grocery store, restaurants, insurance company, fitness place and many other stores.
Furthermore, Weddington, NC is very close to Wesley Chapel shopping center, Blakeney shopping center in Ballantyne, Stonecrest shopping center in Ballantyne, NC and Waxhaw Downtown shopping & restaurants areas.
The Town of Weddington, NC Information
Welcome to Weddington, NC Planning